Few legal issues can become more emotionally charged than disputes over an estate. Implementing — or even interpreting — the wishes of a loved one can set family members against one another. Even an executor can find it tough to remain calm when accused of impropriety. In these situations, a Toronto wills and trusts lawyer committed to the quickest, most efficient resolution possible, preferably through mediation or negotiation, can be invaluable.
Charles B. Ticker Law Office Can Assist With Virtually Any Estate Litigation Issue
Located in Markham, Ontario, just outside Toronto, the practice of Charles B. Ticker Law Office is devoted to estate litigation and estate administration. We are committed to solving your problems, out of court whenever possible. We can counsel you concerning the full range of estate litigation disputes, including:
- Will challenges/disputes: We can advise on issues that might affect the validity of a will such as testamentary capacity, improper execution and undue influence.
- Dependant support claims: We can assess claims for dependant support made pursuant to the relevant statutes.
- Power of Attorney litigation: We advise those acting under a Power of Attorney of their duties, and we can help resolve Power of Attorney disputes.
- Passing of accounts: When a trustee is compelled to pass accounts, we can offer the complex and technical legal assistance needed.
- Trustee and executor disputes: We advise executors of their duties and obligations and can represent them in matters such as fee disputes or removal proceedings.
- Guardianship disputes: Issues surrounding the appointment of a guardian involve complex procedures and can lead to emotional disputes; we can help file guardianship applications and negotiate disputes.
- Family conference: We can sponsor and help conduct a meeting of family members to make decisions and work out conflicts in advance; such meetings have proven invaluable in obviating later dispute situations.
- Will interpretation: When a will's provisions are simply unclear, we can apply to court for an adjudication of what they mean.
We can also provide a range of estate administration services, including probate, advice to executors and court filings.
Contact Our Markham Estate Administration Lawyer
Charles B. Ticker Law Office has considerable experience in all forms of estate administration and is committed to achieving efficient solutions for you. If you are experiencing problems with an estate — whether as an executor, beneficiary or any kind of potential claimant — contact Charles Ticker online or at 416-773-0007.